Digital Strategy and Activation Manager
Scale Marketing is excited to grow our Digital team. The Strategy and Activation Manager position is at the heart of Scale’s digital business, providing a unique link between strategy, execution and client services functions. This position will have the opportunity to work collaboratively with Leadership, Client Services (and Clients), Data Analytics and operations teams. The successful candidate will be empowered to directly plan, strategize, build, execute, analyze, and optimize digital media campaigns across a diverse portfolio of business and platforms. This employee will be exposed to multiple areas of media including media mix modeling, data analysis, traditional media planning/buying (TV, Radio, Print, etc.), social media teams, programmatic trading, and be a key leader of a fast-growing team.
- Work with existing clients to be THE digital steward for their business and help them develop their digital mindset (digital strategy, digital technology integrations, digital execution, and measurement)
- Exhibit thought leadership with all clients and constantly present new ideas, POV’s, and recommendations to grow client businesses
- Subject Matter Expert for Digital Media ecosystem (Programmatic, paid social, paid search (to a lesser extent)
- Analyze data to inform future platform and audience recommendations
- Acts as channel expert for the team, having heavy communication with the marketplace and developing POVs (i.e. ad tech, modeling, programmatic, industry updates, etc.)
- Develop “Scale” and client-specific strategic approach for digital channels by delivering channel ideas and providing the link between historical performance and emerging opportunities
- Working with Strategy team to understand goals, address client needs, and communicate results and insights back to clients
- Develop and assist with New Business for agency
- 4+ years of Digital Media Experience
- Agency-side experience preferable
- Strong business acumen
- Traditional media buying experience a plus
- Understanding of Mixed Media Strategy (How different mediums work together)
- Comfortable in C-Level client-facing role with both relationship-building and business acumen
- Google Ads, Bing expertise/certifications; Amazon a plus
- Google Analytics Expert (Attribution Modeling, Goal Configuration, etc.)
- Google Tag Manager Certification
- FB Blueprint Certified
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills are essential
- The ability to work with large datasets in Excel files and BI internal tools
- A start-up mind-set
- Attention to detail and the proactive problem-solving mentality
- Strong communication skills and an ability to work both independently and contribute within a team environment
- Experience with DSP/SSP, PPC, and Social Media buying platforms preferred
- Alignment with Scale Marketing core values
- A can-do attitude to provide energy, drive and enthusiasm
- A dream to grow your career as the company scales
Scale Marketing is a collective of professionals who bring unique business and media experience together to drive client success.
We dive into our client’s customer data and historic media buys to optimize strategy. We buy media strategically and efficiently, and we produce creative work designed to meet specific KPIs. With robust data and analytics expertise, Scale is constantly testing, analyzing, updating, and optimizing.
We attribute our success to the way we treat our clients and each other, and we are always looking for subject matter experts to join our team.
Proud to be awarded designation by Crain’s Chicago Business as one of the 2021 Best Places to Work in Chicago.